Nexia BT forms part of the Nexia International network of over 250 member firms in more than 120 countries, having more than 24,000 professionals. This allows us to offer local and global expertise as a result of a very well connected tax practice.
Our tax team consists of legal and accounting professionals who provide a holistic service to our internationally based clients, both from a compliance and advisory point of view, and in a manner that is highly technical in content, whilst also being practical to implement. We can equally help you set up your Malta structure in the most tax efficient manner.
Specialist tax advice
Aligning tax strategies with your business goals should be a primary objective of any entrepreneur. We can provide you with specialist tax advice to achieve the optimal corporate structure, having regard to your worldwide effective tax rate. Our team can assist with:
- Direct and indirect tax advisory solutions;
- Tax efficient structuring solutions;
- Ensuring maximum tax treaty benefits;
- Assistance in communicating with the Maltese Revenue;
- Seeking tax confirmations from the tax authorities;
- Tax implications of certain investments;
- Investment holding vehicles;
- Substance requirements; and
- Real estate tax planning and indirect tax considerations.
Tax compliance services
More rigorous and coordinated enforcement by the tax authorities continues to be a great challenge faced by all businesses.
Our team will help you face this challenge with confidence by providing you with the following tax and VAT compliance services:
- Structure implementation and compliance;
- Ensuring the necessary tax registrations;
- Applying for Malta’s tax refund system;
- Ensuring full tax deductibility;
- Assisting with foreign tax credits;
- Applicability of available fiscal incentives, whether related to intellectual property, R&D, IT or any other eligible activity;
- Tax accounting compliance; and
- Compliance with Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) and the Common Reporting Standard (CRS)
Read more about the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FACTA) below.
HR tax services
As companies grow, employment related matters also increase in their complexity. We will ensure that you are fully compliant, whilst at the same time benefitting from our tax expertise. Our team can assist with:
- Income tax registration upon relocation;
- Visa requirements and residency permits;
- Employment/trade permit requirements;
- Cross-border tax planning/treaty analysis;
- Tax planning for senior executives;
- Advice on the introduction of share options schemes;
- Preparation and submission of annual income tax returns; and
- Fringe benefit analysis and advice.
Our team constantly strives to keep abreast with direct and indirect tax developments. Our knowledge expansion is consequently passed on by keeping you constantly aware of the relevant changes by means of:
- Latest tax updates;
- Employment related tax updates;
- Monthly newsletters;
- Frequent tax alerts on important updates; and
- Client specific alerts.