The success of any business relies on the ability of the enterprise to focus investment towards its growth potential.
Market demands require a high level of buoyancy from enterprises through their rapid adaptation to ever changing requirements to sustain their competitiveness and grow.
SMEs’ face financial constraints and encounter difficulties in generating the required capital to take-up investment and expansion projects to safeguard the adequate capacity levels to re-align and secure their supply levels.
Keeping up a steady investment momentum is crucial to Malta's macro-economic and competitive performance, SMEs are diversifying measures to ensure they are well positioned to exploit all growth opportunities.
This scheme aims to bridge this gap by providing support in the form of non-repayable Grants to part-finance investments towards the implementation of their growth strategies related to the extension of the capacity of an existing establishment, or the setting up of a new establishment.
● The production, manufacture, improvement, assembly, preservation, processing of goods, materials,
commodities, equipment, plant machinery;
● Biotechnology, Pharmaceuticals and Life Sciences;
● Research and Technological Innovation;
● The repair, overhaul or maintenance of pleasure crafts, yachts having less than 100gt, aircraft, engines or
equipment incorporated or used in such vessels or aircraft;
● Information and communication technology (ICT) development activities, software development;
● Eco-innovations, and environmental solutions;
● The creation of tourism products and services as a result of networks created between traditional tourism
service providers and the crafts and artisan sector;
● The development and provision of tourism products and services related to emerging niche markets;
● The development and provision of tourism products and services related to the promotion of natural
and cultural heritage;
● The development and provision of tourism products and services relating to social tourism with specific focus
on senior tourists, accessible tourism and active ageing;
● The development of innovative concepts, products and services offered by Boutique Hotels and Palazzini;
● The development, and/or provision of E-health solutions;
● The development and provision of services and products promoting healthy living;
● The development and provision of services and products promoting active ageing;
● The development and provision of services and products related to child-day care;
● The development and creation of crafts and artisan products;
● entail activities by self-employed and family businesses engaged in craft;
● Start-ups proposing products and/or services that can be marketed and distributed
internationally and which are typically more advanced than those prevailing in their respective
industry in terms of technology, know-how and skills.
● Lease/rental of private operational premises
● Construction/up-grades of private operational premises
● Purchasing of new equipment, machinery and plant
● Patents and licenses
The maximum grant value under this scheme is set at €500,000.
Size of Undertaking
Up to 31st December 2017
As of 1st January 2018
Micro & Small