Headed by Nexia BT partner Karl Cini and assisted by the senior manager Antoinette Scerri, the Tax Advisory department at
Nexia BT provides a wide range of tax compliance and tax advisory services on a corporate and/or personal level to both local as well as international clients. Benefitting from a team of professionals with several years of combined experience in the field of taxation resources, the department is optimally positioned to service the needs of any size of business set-up.
In keeping abreast of fiscal developments and updated with new income tax legislation and tax incentive legislation, the Tax Advisory department ensures that it develops the best ideas and strategies in order to maximize on the resultant scenarios to optimize the tax positions of its clients whilst meeting legal and compliance obligations.
The Taxation Department offers the following services:
The compliance aspect
- Review of income tax computations;
- Preparation and submission of corporate income tax return documentation;
- Preparation and submission of claims for tax refund;
- Transfers of company shares;
- Attainment of tax and duty exemptions where applicable;
- Registration of foreign shareholders for refund purposes;
- Application for tax refund due to foreign shareholders; and
- Application for first-year tax exemptions.
The advisory aspect
- Tax restructuring exercises;
- Tax planning exercises for groups of companies;
- Personal and corporate tax advisory services;
- Applications for tax rulings and tax interpretations from the authority;
- VAT planning; and
- Application for VAT rulings on particular transactions.
Read more about the applications for Investment Aid Tax Credits or download the below.
Applications for Malta Enterprise Fiscal and Tax related incentives such as:
- Interest Subsidy Scheme
- Allocation of industrial space
Residence programme applications