The MGA, referring to the developments in relation to COVID-19 has issued a notice referring to Commercial Communications Regulations to which all licencees are subject, reminding them that all commercial communications are to be socially responsible, and especially so in the current circumstances. Specifically, any direct or indirect reference to Covid-19, or any related circumstance, would be considered as unethical and socially irresponsible and shall amount to a breach of the mentioned regulations.
Amongst other requirements, commercial communications must not, whether directly or indirectly:
- Encourage anti social behaviour;
- Suggest that gaming can be a resolution to social, educational, personal or professional problems;
- Suggest that gaming can be an alternative to employment;
- A solution to financial concerns or a form of financial investment;
- Portray gaming as socially attractive or; and
- Suggest that solitary gaming is preferable to social gaming.